Friday, April 10, 2015

A late start. Boobies Matter.



So, the Fledgling is a bit of a tubby person who likes to walk a lot.  I have a family member who is a cancer survivor.  She was the recipient of a breakthrough cancer treatment at Northwestern University.  This was 12 years ago and she's still going, full steam ahead!

Walking is good.  Cancer is bad.  I was going through Facebook one day and happened to see an ad for the Avon 39.  Walking against cancer!  Woot!  I have always wanted to do one of these walks to honor my family member.  I've also been walking a lot more.  What would 39 miles be?  Over two days!  Pish posh.  Not hard, right?

I signed up for the walk and committed to raising $1800.  No problem.  I thought of the walk and thought that this will not be hard.  But then I realized that I am extremely shy when it comes to asking people for money!

Ooops.  But I committed.  I AM committed. I am COMMITTED!

So this blog will serve as a storyboard for the Fledgling's path to something that is uncomfortable for her to do.  Out of the nest I flop.  I'm going to raise the money...not for me...but for other women who faced what our family did.  Cancer can be beaten.

If you are interested in helping, here is the donation site for the Fledgling.

Thank you for your tax-deductible donation.  Please click here if you are interested in helping.


No comments:

Post a Comment